Jealousy is a very poisonous eight lettered word. It can not only take away your peace of mind but destroy relationships too. At times it can lead to positive outcomes by motivating you to achieve more in life, but mostly the consequences are negative to the core. Hence, it is crucial to realize this early in life and get rid of jealousy. But how?
We can be jealous for just one reason. We don’t have what the other person has. It might be a fit body, more money, good grades or an overall lifestyle that they have and not you. But do you know what? Number one, they have that for a reason. No one is born with all of these. It is earned either by them or their family members. But it came through dedication and persistence. So, they deserve it. And number two is that even if they might not deserve it, why do we even want to look at someone’s success in a negative light? Won’t that degrade our thinking and kill our brain cells? Instead, we should use this energy to better our mind, health and lifestyle.
How To Achieve A Positive State Of Mind To Get Rid Of Jealousy?
- The first thing you can do is understand that we all are humans. Don’t be harsh on yourself. It’s okay to have hard feelings. But what is important is to understand why we have them and then work on improving your mindset and thinking.
- Start by appreciating what you have. At any point of time in life, there will be someone who is less fortunate than you. Think about them and be grateful. For example, if you feel jealous that you have a two-wheeler and your friend has a car. Then think in a way that there is someone out there who doesn’t even own a bicycle too. You already have what others don’t. Be very thankful for that. Start by maintaining a gratitude journal. Wake up every day and thank God for every single thing you have. Your parents, friends, family, home, food and most importantly, your life. Remind yourself of lucky you are.
- Everything is about training your mind. Accept yourself and embrace all your flaws with open arms. Self-acceptance is the best way to get rid of jealousy. If you are happy with what you are and what you have, you’ll see the world with a different perspective. Have enough self confidence to trust yourself. Have a self-belief that you will achieve your dreams in the future for sure.
- If you think this won’t help, seek support of your closed ones. Talk to them and tell them honestly about how you feel and that you need assistance to get rid of this bad habit.
- And finally, stop comparing your life to others. You are a different person and have your own individuality. You have your own story. And no two stories can be same!